Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Aux's Favourite BG

I'm a PvP'er and have been for the last 4 years in World of Warcraft.
Battlegrounds are my favourite form of PvP, in Arena's if my class/partner is not the flavour of the month and I'm not geared to the teeth theres a chance I'll lose.

In Battleground's I can do my own thing and just with my sole presence I can seriously effect the game. Warsong Gulch or WSG has always been my favourite BG.









I mean capture the flag is always entertaining but WSG brings it to a whole new level.
Each team has 10 players and must capture the enemy teams flag and bring it back to their base, but however for this to happen the enemy must not have YOUR flag.
The zone is very beautiful and the two enemy bases are very styled after the Orcs and Night Elves.

There is plenty of terrain to utilize and hide behind, experienced players such as myself can take advantage of "hidden" or "trick" areas and techniques which give them the edge.

WSG games for 25 minutes and the first team to reach 3/3 flag captures or the one with the most at the end of the time wins.

There are a few things that I'm not a big fan of in Warsong Gulch. Firstly if your team is getting camped - you can't do anything about it.
You'll have the enemy team at 2/3 and ready to capture that final flag.. but they won't - they'll farm you for honor instead.
You'll have pets on aggressive and melee classes camping where your spawning. Ranged classes behind and in front of you - wherever you go you will get killed.
It's a problem and you can't do much about it, players will leave and new players will be thrown in to have to deal with it, usually you just have to stay there and take it until the games over and you can get your honour.

The last problem I have is players farming Honourable Kills in the mid zone. The goal of Warsong Gulch is to go AFTER the flag and DEFEND your base - offence and defence.
Instead you've got half your team picking off the enemy faction in the center. This is frustrating as usually your team will lose if you do this, as other players can strathe around or stealth around you.

For example if your on a team of 10 and 9 are mindlessly slaughtering the other team in the mid how are you expected to grab the enemies flag when there are 3 players on the other team defending?
Sure, they won't be able to get into yours but they CAN - out of the 8 players in the mid what are the chances that even just one enemy player will slip through unseen and grab your flag with no one defending in the flag room, exactly.

Battleground's are for PvP and I respect your choice to kill enemy players but its a lot funner and rewarding for everyone if you just go for the objectives, fighting on the road goes on in all battlegrounds whether it be Strand of the Ancients on the beach of in the water in Arathi Basin.



See this crap? STOP IT!


In all seriousness WSG is an AMAZING battleground and is a total blast to play, I have SO many awesome memories of staying up all morning and hearing the DOO-DOO-DOO whenever we got/had out flag taken.

Warsong Gulch .. check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment