Sunday, January 22, 2012

Aux's Top 5 Favourite Zones

From the moment you create your character to the last time you logged in you've always been in a zone of some sort, the zone is the area or environment your character is in. Zones are all throughout the continents of Azeroth and serve as a variation to the landscape and providing new places for players to explore.

In my many years levelling, questing and everything in between I've narrowed it down to my 5 favorite zones of all time.


1. Grizzly Hills: Grizzly Hills is a zone released in the WoTLK expansion pack, its for players 74-75ish so its mid range, its located in the snowy land of Northrend. On every single character I've levelled I've never missed Grizzly Hills. Its just beautiful and for some reason is what I hope Canada would look like, big wood forests and snow.




2. Zangarmarsh: Zangarmarsh was released in The Burning Crusade expansion pack, its a zone west of Hellfire Peninsula and very different in environment. Zangarmarsh is a lush swamp with giant mushrooms poking out of the ground, pools and puddles are scattered everywhere and there are plenty of creatures to find here too. Its very blue/purple which I seem to like in a zone, if the Night Elves had a zone in The Outlands, Zangarmarsh would be it.



3. The Ghostlands: The Ghostlands were added in The Burning Crusade expansion, like Zangarmarsh. The Ghostlands serves as an extended zone (12-20) for the Blood Elf race and is located in Northern Eastern Kingdoms. Its been tainted by evil and is very dark and doomy, however I kind of like it, its beautiful in a goth kinda way. Its also by far the best zone for 12-20 levelling in the game and has some awesome chain quests for you too complete, complete with awesome rewards.






4. Ironforge: Ironforge is the capital city of the Alliance races, the Dwarves and the Gnome. Its in snowy Dun Morough and is my favorite capital city in all of the World of Warcraft. It's a shame I mainly play Horde, because whenever I play my Alliance characters I always hang out in Ironforge (Screw Stormwind) and wish it was included to the Horde instead. Its got a circular design and is split into various quarters, it can be confusing at first but is easy to get around once you know what your doing. It feels very warm and homely and I wouldn't mind living there if WoW was real life.




5. Ashenvale: Ashenvale is a classic zone introduced in vanilla WoW. Its there for levelling 18-30 and has quest hubs for the Alliance and Horde.
Most Alliance players will go from Teldrassil > Darkshore > Ashenvale and most horde players will go Mulgore/Durotar > The Barrens > Ashenvale on their levelling journey throughout Kalimdor. Ashenvale is more like Teldrassil and is a lush rainforest with plenty of tall trees and vegetation, there are a few rivers and lakes flowing through and more to discover than meets the eye, there is a ton of content in this place. Its probably more a zone for Alliance players, in particular Night Elves and Draenei but provides for anyone who wants to level in a truly beautiful zone.
I take all my characters to Ashenvale, I'm not a fan of how they changed it up in Cataclysm and I miss the old Ashenvale but I'll learn to live with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment