Thursday, January 19, 2012

Aux's Top 5 Favourite Classes In WoW

Today I decided to write about my top 5 favourite classes/specs in World of Warcraft and what I like about them as well as my experience with each of them.

1. Enhancement Shaman: I enjoy playing an Enhancement Shaman for a number of reasons, we have fantastic burst and can do significant damage from a distance too as well as providing heals. Totems are invaluable as they are for all Shaman specs. Stormstrike and Lava Lash are awesome and Spirit Wolves are one of the funnest things in the game. The Enhancement Shaman was also my first class in WoW, before I even knew about specs I would run around hitting monsters on the head with my staff, oblivious to the fact that in my gear I should be playing an Elemental/Restoration Shaman.




2. Subtlety Rogue: I had way too much fun back in Wrath on my Rogue, subtlety was pretty poor PVE wise but in Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley it was an entirely different story.
I picked up a Rogue as my second character and fell in love with stealth, I learnt I needed to be a little more careful when I was playing my rogue compared to my Enhancement Shaman who could take a bit more of a beating. I mainly PvP'd on my Rogue I leveled him almost entirely through BG's believe it or not.
But seriously full heirlooms + One shot ambushing people = way too much fun




3. Combat Rogue: Yes.. despite having a Shaman I adore as my main - my second favourite class in WoW easily goes to the Rogue. As I previously mentioned Subtlety is absolutely way too much fun in PvP, however I enjoyed Combat a lot too.
As soon as I got dual talent specialization I branched out and went Combat, I never really tried Assassination, I know Mutilate has a quite easy rotation PvE wise and Assassination has always been a very competitive spec but I just love Combat, Killing Spree.. Blade Furry.. Improved This .. Improved That .. its amazing and behind Enhancement my second favourite DPS class in the game, whether to play or play alongside.
^Which really .. Enhancement Shamans are quite similar to Rogues.. coincidence I think not..


4. Restoration Shaman: Restoration Shamans and Druids share one thing in common, the most awesome healing spec - Restoration!
I remember hitting level 80 and only realizing then that the Shaman had two other talent specs, Elemental and Restoration. I never really got into Elemental apart from Earthquaking people off rocks in Arathi Basin and Eye of the Storm however I did pick up Restoration as my 2nd talent spec when I took dual-talent specialization.
Shaman healing is very different compared to Druids, Priests and Paladins, in fact we're the opposite of Holy Paladins, with strong group heals our job is usually to keep DPS up, not tanks. I mainly PvE'd in Restoration gear, mainly for the fact that in Wrath it meant that by healing I could get into a dungeon in 5 minutes as opposed to 30 minutes. Playing from a healers perspective instead of a DPS's perspective also made me a better Enhancement player I think too.



5. My Enhancement/Restoration Hybrid: Towards the end of Wrath when I was doing a lot of BG's I kept switching between my two favourite specs at the time, Enhancement and Restoration.
In Cataclysm when the new talent tree was launched I made what I dubbed an "Enhancement/Restoration Hrybrid".


It was a 0/31/10 build, so obviously Enhancement based, I was wearing my same Enhancement gear that I was using for my Enhancement-DPS-Focused spec but I was able to heal quite well too.
In this spec I was a defensive player, healing my teammates and then when the enemies went to me or I was out of mana I would pop Spirit Wolves and the rest of the Enhancement cooldowns and kick ass.
Even though I wasnt a "pure" per-say I always did quite well, I'm not the kinda guy that stands around in the middle farming HK's in Warsong Gulch or Arathi Basin I went for the objectives and played the BG's the way they were meant to be played.
Despite my unique talent choice, play style and at the time, mediocre gear. I would almost always come in the top 3 for Damage Done and Healing Done.
I was frequently out DPSing and Healing guys that were in "proper" DPS and Healing specs.
I cleared all 6/6 of Blackwing Descent in Cataclysm launch in my Enhancement set and pulled around 15k DPS, shortly after 4.2 released my guild decided to do a fun-run of BWD as most of the raiders couldn't make the Firelands raid, I was available at the time and thought it would be a bit of fun so I slipped on my Hybrid spec, we finished the whole dungeon, I helped out the 2 healers a ton and managed to do 12K DPS.
^The moral of that little story is play how you want to play, not how others want you too,




No comments:

Post a Comment